Sunday, July 10, 2016

Dree Hill Introduction

This is a short story to introduce my new Dree Hill doll.  Turns out I bought the wrong Dree Hill doll.  I'm not familiar with the Color Infusion line, so I didn't know there were two versions of her.  I wanted "The Best Dressed Ever" Dree Hill, but bought "Cinematic Convention" Dree Hill.  The main differences are her hair color and skin tone.  When she arrived, I knew something was different but couldn't figure it out until I went to the internet.  At first I was disappointed, but this Dree Hill is looking straight ahead, whereas the other one is looking to the side.  The Dree Hill available for sale, nude, on the Integrity site, is also Cinematic Convention.  I was considering changing her hair color, but will leave it at is.  I do plan to shampoo it, which will make it look better than it does now.

Angelica and her daughter are having lunch with cousin Faith and friend Valencia.

Adele and friend Dree Hill, have just arrived at McD's.
"Thanks for stopping here with us.  I know McD's is not your thing, but I promised Sydney if she behaved at the nail salon, we would stop and get her some fries."  (Adele)

"No problem.  I know all about those emergency McDonald runs.  I made a few back in the day."  (Dree)

"So what's going on with you and Ian?  You still seeing him?"  (Angelica)

"Yep.  He's home studying right now, but we're going out later."  (Valencia)

"So that's a small burger, small fry, milk, a small Coke, and a chocolate sundae. Anything else?"  (Mari)
"That will do it."  (Adele)
"Okay.  $5.84."  (Mari)
Adele pays for everything, then Mari retrieves all the items.

"Here you go."  (Mari)
"Thanks."  (Dree)

As the ladies head to the booth in the back, Sydney keeps her eyes on her fries.  

As Dree makes her way to the back, she hears a familiar voice.  She continues to the table.

After setting the tray down, Dree looks to the other booth.
                 "Ahem.  Hello ladies"  (Dree clearing her throat loudly)                      

The ladies look in her direction.
"Mom!  What are you doing here?"  (Valencia)
"The same thing you're doing.  Eating."  (Dree)
"But you don't like eating at McDonalds"  (Valencia)
"I'm here with Adele.  You remember Adele?"  (Dree)

"Valencia?  My you've grown!" (Adele)

"Hi Miss Adele."  (Valencia)
"Introduce us to your friends."  (Dree)
Valencia introduces her friends to her mom.
"Nice to meet you ladies.  Carry on with your lunch."  (Dree)
The ladies resume eating their lunch.

"Now, now.  Let's give Ms. Dree her items first."  (Adele, pulling Sydney away from the tray)

"I'll share my sundae with you, if you share your fries with me." (Dree)
"My fries."  (Sydney)
I guess she's not sharing.  I don't blame her. 

The ladies settle in and start reminiscing a little about their Chicago days.

Here's a picture of Dree (Color Infusion) and her daughter, Valencia (Prettie Girls).  Below are two links to this version of Dree.  The first one shows a stunning picture of her after having her hair was washed.  She is the same height as my Fashion Royalty dolls.  Her feet are huge, and I will have to make her some shoes, but other than that, I'm pretty happy with her.



20 comments:

  1. Dree is gorgeous! She seems more comfortable at McD's than Adele, who appears appalled by the entire concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smaller Places - Lol. Adele is just very uncomfortable in that booth. I need to make some taller booths for those extra long legs.

      Delete
  2. Dree is really pretty out the box.I like Valencia but I thought it would work out better with Raven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaiden - Are you saying you like Raven with Ian? I liked them as a couple, too. Sometimes people just move on. Who knows they may find their way back to each other.

      Delete
  3. I love Dree Hill and the forward looking version best, just because she looks forward. I've heard the CI girls can wear Monster High and Stardoll Shoes, like the Prettie Girls. I don't have any CI girls just because I didn't want to invest in more shoes, but I do have the Prettie Girls (well, it looks like I can re-body yet another one, leaving only one on her original body) and I bought shoes advertised for Monster High and Stardolls shoes which do fit them.

    I hope we get to see Dree more. She's just plain gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janainah - Forward looking dolls are so much better for stories. Thanks for the tip on shoes. I like the larger sized feet, and it might be fun making her some cute shoes.

      Delete
  4. Vanessa, I am really confused. I didn't know there were two Dree Hills. Other than the fact the one you bought looks forward and has a slightly different hair color, is there anything else that's different. I haven't bought the Dree on the IT site because I don't want to do deal with the larger feet issue. Now, if there's another version with smaller feet...that would be nice. Still, the one you bought is still gorgeous. Hope no jealousies happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. april - IT creates different versions of the same doll all the time. It would be more weird for Dree Hill to show up outside the CI line. You could of course rebody her to an FR2 body, but it would be very confusing if IT did it.

      Delete
  5. Love your new Dree Hill. You have the same one I do. I have other CI dolls, so I do have shoes for them to wear, but I also use LIV, Stardoll and some action figure doll shoes (like Triad toys, Phicen, etc.) Dree is a good choice to be Valencia's mother.

    April, both versions of Dree Hill are CI, so both have the bigger feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phyllis. Seems silly to do both versions using the same body. Now if they had a version of Dree using the FR2 body, I'd reconsider.

      Delete
    2. Phyllis - This Dree Hill is pretty, but the other one took my breath away the first time I saw her. I'm sure the shoe issue will be resolved. The Prettie Girls have larger feet, too. I will check to see if they can share shoes.

      Delete
  6. Dree and Valencia do look like they could be related! Even though she's not what you were expecting, I think she looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - I had a few other family options for her, but chose to give Valencia a mom. She is definitely a looker. I can't wait to get all the gunk washed out of her hair.

      Delete
  7. I have this version of Dree and think she's lovely. She reminds me of Evelyn Lozada for some reason. She is perfect as Valencia's mother.

    I enjoyed the introduction and the story. Sorry for your confusion over the two versions of Dree. I like the second doll's complexion and hair color better, but I am not disappointed with the one I purchased.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - I can understand the Evelyn reference. It's nice having my first CI doll. She's very pretty and for $40 I can deal with the mix-up.

      Delete
  8. Dree is very pretty. Those married women in Morristown better watch their hubbies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebekah - Hello and thanks for visiting. Yes, Dree is a looker and will be turning heads all over town, I'm sure.

      Delete
  9. Hi Vanessa!
    Congrats on getting Dree Hill. I love my CI dolls, but lately I haven't seen any that "speak" to me. Not since the new Tenzin anyway. The Stardoll shoes fit them. I'm not sure about the Monster High shoes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi - Thanks. Your Tenzin is definitely speaking volumes. I don't really know where my Stardoll shoes are. I need to look for them. I'm not that worried. I'm really trying to get into shoemaking. This may be the additional push I need.

      Delete
  10. I think Dasia dress is slamming!! So pretty and perfect for her. Congrats on getting both dolls, Dree looks like she belongs there in Morristown anyway, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...