Thursday, March 27, 2014

Meet The Prince and The Princess

 Hey guys.  I know I haven't posted in a few days, so I thought I'd take a moment to update you on the puppies.  Believe it or not, I decided to keep two.  I was holding three for one of my good friends, but in the end she couldn't take them.  I had already fallen in love with them.  I found a really nice home for Brownie, who is now named Brandy.  I am her official babysitter, so I will get to see her on occasion.  It would have been easy to find the other two homes, but I just couldn't do it.  I've had five stepkids and four pets all at the same time, so I figured, what's four small dogs.
 
I named  the little girl, Princess Penelope. She is sitting on the top of the steps. The little boy is named Prince Petey.  Remember the little dog in the show, The Rascals?  He was named Petey and that's who he reminded me of.  Buttercup, their mother is on the left hand side..  As you can see, the puppies have grown quite a bit.  They aren't as big as their mother.  Everyone got baths yesterday, and Penelope and Buttercup are now in need of haircuts.  As soon as my arm can hold the clippers, we will take care of that.

"Hello.  My mommy calls me a Princess because I am the sweetest of the bunch.  I am pretty quiet and love to sit on mommy's lap.  I would sit there all day if she let me, but sometimes she has to work.  Sometimes I do things I am not supposed to, but my brother Petey usually starts it.  I just follow his lead.  My mommy treats me really special.  She bought these stairs just for me because I was the only one who couldn't get up on the bed by myself.  She would always have to lift me up several times during the night.  Now I can just walk up, and I don't have to wake her.  My favorite thing to do is nuzzle in mommy's neck in the morning.  It's my special way to wake her up and say good morning."  (Penelope)

"Hi my name is Petey, but mommy says I am trouble with a capital T.  I can't help it.  I was born this way.  I am very strong willed and I want things to be my way ALL THE TIME.  Mommy yells at me the most.  I don't mind.  I'm getting used to it.  It goes in one ear and out the other.  What's that saying, boys will be boys?  That's me.  I can be sweet, too.  I like cuddling with mommy.  I sleep with her every night, too.  I prefer to be under the covers.  I feel safer there."  (Petey)

"Did someone make a smart remark about me sleeping with mommy.  I hope not.  Don't forget my nickname is Trouble.  So where were we?  Oh yeah, my favorite thing to do is get up on mommy's bed (I was the only puppy able to get up by myself, even when I was only two months old), run to the end, and jump off onto my doggy mommy's head.  LOL!  My doggy mommy gets mad and we start fighting.  I LOVE IT!  Then I run and get on the bed and do it all over again.  The other thing I LOVE doing is annoying uncle Bruce.  He's so stuck up.  I just have to try to knock him off his pedestal.  Sometimes he chases me, but I'm much faster than he is.  As a matter of fact, I overheard mommy saying she wants to put me in some doggy races.  I will smoke those jokers!"  (Petey)

"Can you believe how big my kids have gotten?  They are almost bigger than I am.  And they are always trying to play fight me.  I have to show them who's boss.  They may be young, but I still have some good take down moves.  On another note, I'm happy mommy decided to keep them.  It's nice having them around to play with.  My favorite time is running around outside with them.  That Petey is pretty fast.  I get all teary eyed thinking were we would all be if mommy hadn't taken me off the streets when she did.  I was sleeping outside and getting fed pretty irregularly.  Now, I get to sleep right next to mommy, and not only do me and my kids get food a few times a day, but we get treats, too.  Thank you, mommy!  We love you."  (Buttercup)

"I just don't understand how my life changed in an instant.  I was here all by myself.  Enjoying life.  Not having to share a thing.  Then there was Buttercup.  Now there are two more.  What in the doggy biscuits is going on?  Actually it's not all terrible.  I actually like Buttercup.  Sometimes she and I snuggle, but mommy is always like, "Bruce, move."  Really?  Shouldn't I reap some benefits from sharing my food and my toys?  Speaking of toys, those little numb skulls have torn up all my toys!  I always kept my toys in good condition.  Now my bunny has no stuffing, no eyes, and his ears are ripped.  I liked it when it was just me and mommy, but I'd probably be lonely if they all left now.  Mommy does make sure I have a lot of mommy and me time.  I get to ride in the car with mommy all by myself.  Those are my absolute favorite times."  (Bruce)

So that's my new family.  They keep me on my toes, but they keep a smile on my face, too.  

As of yesterday, I am doing better.  My arm is still only functioning at about 35%, but it was a lot worse.  I will be posting the second part of the bridal shop story tomorrow,, and the Halle/Diego post before the weekend is out.  I am also in the process of making new things for my Etsy store  It's my plan to add new food and new furniture in the coming weeks.  With the new additions to the family, comes added expenses.  So it's back to the grindstone.  I will be catching up on blog reading in the next couple of days.



17 comments:

  1. They are some adorable ill' trouble makers, lol. You're amazing Vanessa. I hope to have an opportunity to order from your Etsy page soon. I'm glad to hear you're doing better. I look forward to your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear you are doing better, Vanessa. Your doggy family look like they are great fun - glad you decided to keep some of the puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Spain: your dogs are adorable. It's good to love animals as part of our family. They always bring us a smile. Nice pictures. I am also glad that you are best of your health problems. I read you are creating furniture. Much encouragement. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did I give each of your dogs a distinct voice as I was reading their narratives? They look so sweet, I'm glad that you have little companions to make you day brighter! I'm glad to hear that your arm is getting better. Blessings and comfort to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dogs are so cute! Dogs (in my opinion) are little troublemakers, but they always make people happy. I can't wait to see your updated etsy shop! It's great to hear that you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute pups! They all have such distinct faces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Vanessa!
    This is great to give a home to these dogs. I love dogs. If I told you my story with the dogs, it would be too long.
    Thank you for the message on YouTube.
    To answer your question, this summer it will be 20 years since I live in Canada. I think that's a lot of years. But I think if I have to leave everything here. And yet I love what I do .... very long story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vanessa, your "family" is so cute! this was a hearthwarming post. And I'm happy to read you're feeling a bit better. Lots of kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey Vanessa, nominated you for the Versatile blogger award
    http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/vba-rules/

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are grown so much, they look very different now! So cute, I love that you got stairs for the bed climbing too :-). Good to read your arm is improving. Looking forward to see who the bride to be will be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you're getting better! Your doggie family is adorable! Bruiser sends his love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to everyone for your comments about the new additions for my families. They are a handful, but they are getting better day by day. I can't wait for them to get out of the "get into everything" puppy stage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. For a moment I thought they were miniatures from Lucy Francis Maloney.LOL!! - She does awesome realistc dog miniatures creations:

    http://lucy-allaboutdogs.blogspot.com.br/2014/01/the-trio.html

    But since I knew they are real all I can say is congrats for the new children!!They are lovely <3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, poor put upon Bruce. He does seem to be holding up well under the onslaught of children.

    Glad you're getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed reading this post. So sweet! : ). You are a blessing to them and them to you.

    I'm happy your arm is getting better. I can't wait to see the new food and furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look like the are going to be a handful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the behind the scenes on the puppies. Thanks for the update. Hope you're functioning at 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...