Friday, July 6, 2012

Morristown Made FDQ!


Yesterday was a very exciting day for us in Morristown!  The long awaited FDQ (Fashion Doll Quarterly) was released and Van's Doll Treasures made the final cut!  Our dear friend, and fellow blogger, Debbie Behan Garrett, of Black Doll Collecting, wrote an article featuring my families and highlighting several of my dioramas.  It was early in 2011 when Debbie approached me and asked if she could write the article.  Of course, I said YES!  By May, she was emailing me a draft copy.  Shortly thereafter she had the final draft.  It was wonderful to see and experience the process of getting an article submitted and accepted.  As Debbie will attest, there were a few bumps along the way.  She never gave up.  I was impressed with her determination.  I was my usual laid back, 'if it's meant to be, it will happen", self.  Debbie, on the other hand, was knocking on all the doors she could find and trying to get in.  So I tip my hat to you Debbie for a job well done!  My heart is full as you have allowed me to realize another dream of mine; getting an article about my dolls published in a major doll magazine.

I have to send out a special thanks to Audrey Dubovick.  She is Diva Details on Flickr, and a contributor for FDQ, who purchased a piece of my furniture and featured it in one of her articles, entitled Art Attack, in the Winter 2011 issue of FDQ.  

Special thanks to Patricia Henry, the Editorial Director of Fashion Doll Quarterly.

You can get your issue of FDQ locally at most Barnes & Nobles bookstores, and some JoAnn Fabric stores for $10 a copy.  You can also get a digital download on the FDQ site, for $7.99, or via subscription for $36  for the year.

Thanks to all of you who follow my doll stories.  There are some incredible doll stories being told out there and hopefully our stories will continue on some grander stage.  Thanks again Debbie.  You are the best!!!   You can find out more about Debbie Behan Garrett on her About Me page on her blog.

29 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see the information about the article posted here so your followers will know just how great you are, Vanessa. The article shares more about you and how the people of Morristown became a reality than any one blog post can convey. Thanks again for being you.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! Congrats! Keep up the great work! Love the blog, furniture and all the folks of Morristown! I will continue to be a fan and applaud all your successes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and well deserved! I'm going to say I knew you when, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations- THIS IS GREAT! Audrey is a sweetheart, she featured one of my chairs a couple of years ago.I love it when they do articles on private collectors who do so much work in this scale.

    Your blog is amazing, and I'm looking forward to picking up my copy of FDQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations you work hard and provide so much entertainment. I love your work especially the food...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOO!! Congrats!!! Some good friends of mine are/were staff for this magazine... so I've read many of them XD Your stories deserve to be featured, you're dedication to them is fantastic and the attention to details is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so giddy for you guys! You have hit the big time as far as I'm concerned! Oooh, maybe we'll see a Morristown magazine release party? (If you're not exhausted from the wedding reception)! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! The recognition of your brilliant work is long overdue and well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations i love everything you do your storys your food your blog Congratulations again ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww I've been M.I.A for a while now but I'm glad I came back to this wonderful news! It's great that Debbie wrote the article about you and now the world gets to see your talent! Congratulation to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! This is so awesome! You definitely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow congratulations! I go in B&N at least once a week to drift around. I'll see if they have FDQ for me to take a look at over tea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! I will be picking up a copy of FDQ very soon. I am a long time blogger lurker and a FLICKR follower. Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello from Spain: Many congratulations go out in the magazine. You're a great artist to create dioramas and furniture for dolls. Congratulations and I really enjoy your success. You are the best and inspiration to us all. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoot!!! Congrats! Very well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, Van you did it girl. This is just the beginning and I am buckling down for the ride on which you are going to take us.
    Your hard work and talents have been acknowledged.
    Bravo!
    Kudos to Debbie too. How sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks to everyone for their wonderful comments. Ordinarily I would respond to each and everyone of you, but this time I will respond to the group. It's been wonderful blogging with each of you. Your comments and support have always made me feel like you were family. Thanks for being so engaged and sometimes a little animated. Having you guys with me on this journey has made it so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chiming in late with my applause and my congratulations! It's been a pleasure and a joy to follow the inhabitants of Morristown and their super cool fearless and peerless leader. Cheers and cheers again for your humor and your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Vanessa!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo proud of you girl! I remember when... Lol! You deserve this type of recognition for your incredible work. Only the best is yet to come. Great job Debbie!!! You are such a sweetheart! I look so forward to reading the article. Happy Friday!

    P.S. I toast my glass of Pink Moscato to you both. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!! You just gotta love DBG!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations to both you and Debbie - it's great to know your stories are being featured to another audience. Guess I'll have to look into a digital download.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! Your work truly deserves being published!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. YAY!! Nice aricle!! I'm happy for you Vanessa!! You deserve it!!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  24. D7ana , Georgia Girl, Valarie, Brini, Carrickters, Rossetti, and Sergio. Thanks guys! The residents of Morristown have been partying ever since. I'm trying to get a story done, but I told them to sober up first. Hopefully that story will go up sometime today. Everyone was still sleep last I checked.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a thrill! Well deserved recognition for your wonderful contributions to the doll community. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations, Vanessa!! I can't wait to get the magazine. I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations, Vanessa!! You are amazing! I'm still wishing for a small spot on cable tv. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...