Saturday, May 19, 2012

Will There Be Drama at the Reception?

Antoinette and the kids have finally arrived at the hotel.  They are one of the last guests to arrive because she had to make a quick stop at the drugstore.

"Okay guys.  We are here."  (Toni)
"Yay." (Zahara)

"Make sure you have everything.  I don't want to come back to the car once we are inside." (Toni) 

"Zahara, you can start walking now."  (Jessica)
"Wait. I think I left something."  (Zahara)

Just then a man approaches the car.  He is careful not to get too close.  He doesn't want to startle anyone.
"Hello Antoinette."  (stranger)

"Freeman?  Is that you?"  (Toni)

"What are you doing here?  Wait, I have a better question.  Where have you been?!" (Toni)
"I imagine you have a lot of questions and I plan to answer as many as I can.  I'm just not sure it should happen right here."  (Freeman)
"Why are you here?" (Toni)
"I heard that Rod was getting married today.  I was at the church, but I lost my nerve and left before anyone could see me."  (Freeman)

"Are these your kids?  Is that Nikaya?  Oh my, she sure has grown into a beautiful young girl."  (Freeman)
"Zahara is also our child.  That's Jessica, my brother's niece, in the middle." (Toni)
"Wow, I really have missed out on so much.  Hello, ladies."   (Freeman)

"Hello."  (girls in unison)
"Girls, why don't you wait over there near those steps.  I will be right with you."  (Toni)

"And look at this handsome fellow.  He looks just like Tony did when he was little." (Freeman)
"Would you like to hold him?" (Toni)
"Do you think he would come to me?" (Freeman)
"There's only one way to find out."  (Toni)

"Freeman, I think it's great that you are here.  I'm just not sure this is the right place and time to just show up after being gone so long.  Why don't you come by the house later, and see Tony?  That will give me time to prepare him."  (Toni)

"I'm afraid if I don't do this now, I may lose my nerve.  They are big boys.  I think they can handle it." (Freeman)
Antoinette doesn't know what to say.  She doesn't want to risk Freeman leaving and disappearing again without talking to Rod and Tony.  Still, she is very nervous about how they will react seeing their father after so many years of him being away.
"Freeman, I am going to leave it up to you.  You do what you think is best.  You know you were always my favorite father-in-law, and I will support whatever you decide."  (Toni)
"Have you had more than one father-in-law?" (Freeman)
Antoinette starts laughing.  She really has missed having Freeman in their lives.  She gives him a hug before heading to the reception. 

Freeman watches as she leaves.  He is hoping that his sons will be able to forgive him.  He starts to think about what Antoinette said about the time and the place.

Hmmm..... Will Freeman surprise Rod and Tony at the reception?
Will he take heed to Antoinette's advice?
Will he disappear again?

This is the new Morgan Freeman headsculpt.  I purchased the head from ebay.  He is bodied onto a TTL 3.0 body.  This is by far the most impressive sculpt in my action figure inventory.  He arrived yesterday and I got all excited about the reception again.  That is one good thing about procrastinating.  The story can take all kinds of twist and turns when new figures become available.




39 comments:

  1. Coooool cars!!! Nice blog post and story. I like your Samuel L Jackson doll. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duke of Swann - Thanks. That's Morgan Freeman, not Samuel Jackson. I'll be visiting soon.

      Delete
  2. Love your Morgan Freeman. Darn-it now I need him..LOL.

    I hope the guys can forgive their father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dollz4Moi - I suggest getting him quickly. His sculpt is so good, I think lots of people will be ordering him. I want to know what he did and where he's been. Should be interesting.

      Delete
  3. Oh my! I hope Freeman does go and see Rod and Tony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verona - You just want some drama. LOL! Whatever he does, he better not ruin my reception.

      Delete
  4. These doll stories are getting too darn real, I'm getting all emotionally writing mines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ebony - I feel you! In my mind I thought Antoinette was going to give him a really hard time. Then she started feeling sorry for him and I so did I.

      Delete
  5. Big fan of Morgan Freeman. Didn't realize he came in 1:6 size. He looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roville - That sculpt is brand spanking new as of 3 - 4 weeks ago. I pre-ordered him, but he started shipping within 3 days of my order. He's going to be a great addition. That is if his sons forgive him.

      Delete
  6. Freeman rocks!! Great develop of the story Vanessa!! I'm all thrilled for the next episode!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sergio - Isn't he wonderful? As soon as I saw him I thought he would be the perfect father for Rod and Tony. Rod resembles his father. Tony must have gotten more of his features from his mom.

      Delete
  7. Oh, now here comes tr - excitement. Yes. (Trying to think positive ;-D) I am curious about how Rod and Tony will act, too.

    BTW, that is an excellent sculpt. Has the right lines and settling of the mature actor's face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - I am on the edge of my seat with you guys. I have given up thinking I know what these characters are going to do. I have a script in mind and they are always changing it midstream. I sit back and think, that's not how that's supposed to go.

      Delete
  8. I really like Freeman and love the way you incorporated him into Rod and Tony's lives. I hope they are able to make amends and renew their father-son relationships.

    Freeman appears good with children. I think Nicole and the two J's will love him.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - Headplay did an awesome job on him. Tony and Rod seem like forgiving people, but time will tell.

      Delete
  9. You are so creative and I love how you put Freeman in the story! BTW, remember in one of your posts you said Kendra and Nate were having a baby? well is she still having a baby and are u going to focus on that after Rod and Danielle settle down?
    Thanks!

    PS:feel free to email me at gaby881@verizon.net to give me the answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. coolsinger - Thanks. It takes 9 months to have a baby in real life and in my stories. So as far as I know Kendra is still pregnant. She and Nate will get a little more time after the Rod and Danielle story, but I don't plan on making them primary characters. I will probably start some Asian stories, the school stories and the college stories after this.

      Delete
  10. Oh Freeman looks so realistic!!!Wow! I love your little stories about the wedding. You have so much nice dolls...a party fot the eye.
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria - Wait until you see Freeman next to Rod. They really do look like they could be father and son.

      Delete
  11. This is getting good! Love your new character!

    P.S. Miss seeing you at the show today....you didn't miss out on much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia Girl - Let the drama begin! As you can see from my recent posts, I haven't missed out on buying new dolls. There were a few moments yesterday when I turned the car in the direction of the doll show. Then I looked at the gas tank. LOL!

      Delete
  12. That is an empressive head sculpt. Most action sculpts have that angry action expression. But this one just looks like old Morgan looking like he usually looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muff - you are right about the mean expressions. They did that with Will Smith. When I think of Will Smith, I think of his fun side. I hope they do a new Denzel Washington. I don't know how they don't have a good one of him available, all those movies he has done.

      Delete
  13. I like the way this character adds drama to the reception without some negative energy like Rod's ex would have brought.

    I also second Georgia Girl on the doll show yesterday. I found some good stuff in the bargain bins but you didn't miss much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limbe dolls - Thanks. I agree about the negative energy. Sorry to hear the doll show wasn't so great. I always feel bad for everyone when that happens. There used to be a show in July, but it keeps getting moved up. Two shows that close to each other are hard on the vendors and the buyers. Let's hope the November show is wonderful. BTW, I found my wig and lingerie this morning. I knew I had put it in a safe place. I put it in Racquelle's store and totally forgot. LOL. I will do a post with a lingerie show in a couple days. One of my sets has red on the top and pink on the bottom.

      Delete
  14. First: I LOVE that M. Freeman sculpt, it's awesome!

    Second: OH-MY-GOD! This is getting so exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rossetti - Isn't he wonderful. He's going to make a great granddad if his sons allow him back into their lives.

      I just shot the next little story that will be posted within the next couple of hours.

      Delete
  15. Ooo...this story touched close to home for me, really good! That's an awesome Morgan Freeman character, and he's perfect as Rod & Tony's dad.

    Love it, please keep 'em coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy - I can't wait until you guys see him with Rod. It's perfect. I like having another older gentleman in Morristown. I sure hope he decides to stay.

      Delete
  16. Vanessa, peut-etre qu'on te l'a demandé mais ou as-tu acheté Morgan Freeman ?? quel site internet ? Moi j'aimerai avoir le Lieutnant Columbo sais-tu ou je pourrai l'avoir ??? ou qui pourrait me le faire en OOAK ? Merci beaucoup de ton aide très précieuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shasarignis - Je lui a acheté sur ebay. Il y a beaucoup de sites qui lui vendre. Ce n'est que l'une d'entre elles.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/HeadPlay-Morgan-Freeman-1-6-Figure-Head-Sculpt-TDK-Dark-Knight-Batman-Hot-Toys-/320888704883?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4ab6750f73#ht_4115wt_965

      Delete
  17. Hello from Spain: I love to Freeman. You have a very large collection of male children. I also see you have many different models of cars. The story is really interesting. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for the web site, but where did you found the body on wich web site ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already had the body. It came with my Obama doll, but it's too dark for the Obama doll so I took his head off. I don't buy bodies from ebay, so I don't know where to direct you. I buy my bodies from stores like Monkey Depot and Triad Toys.

      Delete
  19. I missed this post! This is a great head sculp of Morgan Freeman! I would never think that they would do an older man. Well good for them and great for you! Is Tony on a new body too? This is a nice little twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Leo - They did an incredible job on his sculpt. I was extremely happy to see an older man without an angry look on his face. Tony is on his normal PowerTeam body. He has borrowed hands.

      Delete
  20. Freeman is NICE!!!!! And you know I love the possibility of drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mustiwait - Freeman is going to be wonderful in Morristown. I can't wait to see what kind of character he will develop into. I guess he figured since Melanie didn't show up, he would do the honors of adding some drama.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...