Monday, May 7, 2012

More Eye Candy.... Yes that is Shemar

No, I did not date Shemar, who is pictured on the left.  The guy on the right is my friend.  He falls on the "Good lawd , you are fine" list that I mentioned in the comment section on my blog this morning. 

You know I wish I were the one snapping this picture.  Sadly, I was not.
We met when I was 30 and he was 28.  I had no interest in dating him because men that look like that have too many women trying to get close to them.  I agreed to a friendship.  Smartest thing I could have done.  We, of course became extremely close friends, which led to a very special relationship years later.  He and I used to play racquetball together.  Oh the looks I would get from the ladies at the gym, when he would stretch out on the bench in front of the racquetball court and lay his head in my lap as we just talked for what seemed like hours.  He is such a sweetheart and to this day we remain really good friends.  He, too has moved away for GA.  He came back to town for my 38th birthday and we celebrated.  How does that song go..."just the two of us".

Sorry, but I just had to share this one.  There are at least two more, on that coveted list, but I won't be sharing those with you.  Boy, looking back, I sure have had a nice life filled with wonderful people.  I include you guys on that list, too.  


14 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding me to your list of wonderful people. Going to carry that thought with me when I am being a pain-in-the-rump ;-D

    Eye candy is always grand, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D7ana - I have never seen you as a pain-in-the-rump. Nine times out of ten, you are comic relief. The other times, Ol' Joe fills in for you. Me being a witty comic, that no understands, I am drawn to your sense of humor.

      Delete
  2. He was/is nice eye candy indeed. Men can be the best of friends for women.

    My husband has been my best male friend for almost 40 years. Next to him... my son... then my brothers.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DBG - They really do make the best friends. My godson and I are really close friends. When I sent him a text right after my dog died, seconds later he called to see if I was okay. He then called the next day. I was totally impressed but not surprised. He seems to have been born with an incredible gift of knowing how to treat people.

      Delete
    2. You godson sounds like a very caring and considerate young man, Vanessa.

      dbg

      Delete
    3. Your godson -- I am not good at one-finger typing.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Hello from Spain: I agree with you that boysn can be best friends of the girls. I have only a female friend. The rest of my best friends are guys. keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta. Thanks for stopping by. I will be visiting soon.

      Delete
  4. Woooo. Can you hook a sista ummmm nevermind ;-) Wooooo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenya - LOL! Girl, the stories I could tell. Looking back, I really have had a wonderful life.

      Delete
  5. Great picture of Shemar and friend. Great story on friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Male Doll World - This picture makes me smile every time. I really do have some wonderful friends.

      Delete
  6. Now, this post should already be at a million views! Just FIONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy - I have three words for you....ummpt ummpt ummpt! Did I spell that right?

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...