Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I've Met Another Amazing 11 year old

Through my YouTube videos, I have met some wonderful young people.  I have had several 10 and 11 years old that have reached out to me and communicated with me on a regular basis.  I have been really impressed with some of them.  Many have expressed being inspired by my videos.  That is a constant reminder of why I spend countless hours doing what I do.

Yesterday one of my subscribers sent me the following message:
"Hi, it's me again. Listen, I started making my doll series, I've got 4 down so far. I was wondering if you would like to see them? And if you like them, maybe you could tell peple? I'm only eleven, and I don't have many friends on youtube. Your like, the only person I would ask for this because your so nice. If you have the time I hope you respond or at least look at my videos. Thanks! <3"

I regularly get requests to look at someone's channel.  I always look, and provide feedback.  This time when I looked, I was immediately touched by what this young 11 year old had created.  First of all, it is mostly vintage dolls and playsets.  Amazing.  I watched the fourth video first, then went back and looked at the rest, starting at the beginning.  That's when I realized she was telling the Barbie story, from birth.  She had great storytelling. Not one misspelled word or punctuation out of place (as far as I could tell).   Again, I was impressed.  I clearly see a movie producer in the making. 

So I introduce to you SuperMuffyDuffy.  (I am very careful about my communication with young people on line, so I never ask their real names.) She is 11 years old and her doll collection was handed down to her by her grandmother.  She watched all of the 50's Barbie commercials as part of her research.  I don't think you will be disappointed when you see what she has put together.  If you like them, please double-click on the YouTube icon and leave a comment directly on the videos, so that she will get the recognition for her hard work. 

Ep #1

Ep #2

Ep #3

Ep #4

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring these well-crafted videos. This is what I would have done if we had had the technology when I was 11. Very exciting to see what young people can do these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet and I think its great that you could make her happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow She Did A Good Job.....Maybe I Can Fall On This While Writing Stories When I Get A Major As Journalism Or Production Or Something.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never unestimate what youth's can accoumplish today! Knowing how busy you are, it was touching to see/know you took the time to do this. (But of course...that's my Vanessa!) Happy Holiday! Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome little videos! :) It is so different to be 11 in this day and age,and I'm 26. Times change so fast anymore. It's kinda wild to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Thanks for sharing this young lady's videos. It is truly refreshing and exciting to see young people's talent and creativity. You are amazing and blessed in all you do and this is just further confirmation that you are a blessing to others as well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, that's wonderful. I'll go check out her videos. It just so happens I was stopping by with a bowl of popcorn ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from Spain: new generations of young people come stomping. I almost did not use the computer and those 11 year olds already on youtube. How strong! I watched the videos and really are correct. At the end I CAN see your video. Very good as always. I love the decor of the pub with stone type wall. Dress very well to all Barbies but I loved the red dress Kara, did you or did you buy it? White tablecloths with candles fantastic. We remain in contact blog blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful stories!! She is a very talented 11 yr old. I thoroughly enjoyed these. Thanks for posting Vanessa!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to everyone for commenting and showing my new friend some support.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Excellent Job! Times have changed. What will she be doing at our ages on computers?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ms. Leo - I hope by the time she is my age that she will have produced a couple of real movies. LOL. It was a goal of mine to get a Barbie TV show produced by next year. I don't see it happening. So I am now on the prowl to inspire some other young person to want to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments. Posts older than 5 days will require moderation until I can get the scammers under control. Thanks for your understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...